Looking for a career change which better reflects your passion? Have you ever thought about working to improve and save the lives of companion animals who are suffering in Atlanta? Take this opportunity to check us out now! LifeLine Animal Project at Fulton County Animal Services currently has the following job openings:
- Animal Services Officer
- Kennel Attendant
Scroll down to read more information about each job and how to apply. All candidates must pass a background check and drug screening.
Animal Services Officer
LifeLine Animal Project, Inc. is currently seeking a Kennel Attendant at the Fulton County Animal Services facility in Atlanta, Georgia. Kennel Attendants are responsible for cleaning cages and kennels, feeding animals, processing animals during intake, assisting people looking for their lost pets and assisting customers who are interested in adopting a pet. Other duties may include washing dishes, doing laundry, unloading dog food, assisting with euthanasia and other tasks as assigned.
- Previous animal related employment experience required. Examples of previous experience include employment at an animal shelter, veterinary clinic, doggy daycare or other animal related business where you had hands-on experience with animals.
- Ability to stand for extended periods (8 hours a day) and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to interact with impounded dogs, cats and other animals including vicious, stray, sick or injured animals. Ability to determine which animals are aggressive.
- Ability to handle seeing and dealing with animals that have been abused, neglected or treated cruelly.
- Ability to learn/perform a variety of animal care related work activities.
- Must be available to work early mornings and on weekends.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or GED required.