Managed by LifeLine Animal Project since 2013, Fulton County Animal Services (FCAS) provides a wide range of pet services and humane care for animals at the shelter. This includes veterinary care, spay/neuter surgeries, pet adoptions, pet registration, animal reclaims, volunteers and foster home opportunities and rescue group coordination.
Our Animal Services Officers enforce local and state animal laws, help stray and injured animals, manage rabies control and vicious animals and deal with the cruelty or neglect of animals. Learn more about our programs and pet services offered below.
The FCAS Field Services division is managed by LifeLine Animal Project. Animal Services Officers enforce Fulton County animal ordinances, address the root causes of animal issues in the community and provide resources to support the community’s needs.
REGISTER MY PET
Reclaim A Pet
If you believe your pet has ended up in our care, please visit the shelter as soon as possible to begin the reclaim process. Please also note:
- The hold period at our shelter for pets found without identification (e.g. a tag or microchip) is three (3) business days from the date of intake. For pets found with identification, the hold is seven (7) business days from the date of intake.
- A walk-through of the shelter is the only way to positively confirm that your pet is in our care. We are unable to confirm this by phone or email.
- You must come to the shelter in person in order to begin the reclaim process. You will need to bring personal identification and proof of ownership (a photo of the pet and/or veterinary records).
If you are reclaiming your pet and can’t afford the fees, we’ll work with you on payment options and amounts. We’ll also waive impound and boarding fees if you choose to have your pet spayed/neutered at our shelter. Spaying/neutering your pet keeps them healthier and prevents more animals from coming into the shelter.
- Intact (not spayed or neutered) dog or cat: $60
- Spayed or neutered dog or cat: $30
- Impounded livestock: $30
- Impounded livestock with trailer: $65
- Owner surrender fee: $35
Daily Impound Custody/Boarding Fees
- Domestic: $12 per day
- Livestock: $15 per day
- Quarantine: $250 10-day flat fee (daily rate applies past quarantine)
Trap rental: $20 (refundable)
Additional medical fees may apply, as necessary.
PETS FOR LIFE
LifeLine’s Pets for Life (PFL) outreach program helps keep people and their pets together by connecting pet owners with needed resources and closing the gap that exists in areas where people have little or no access to pet wellness resources.
Public Rabies Vaccines
LifeLine’s Fulton County Animal Services offers $30 rabies vaccinations for pets of Fulton County residents (with identification) from Monday through Friday, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM on a walk-in basis.
If you need to register your pet after receiving the rabies vaccination and tag, view the pet registration options.
Please take the following precautions to prevent the spread of rabies:
- Keep your pets from running at large.
- Do not leave trash outside, feed wild animals or make contact with any wild animals.
- Make sure that your pet’s rabies vaccination is current.
- Have your pet vaccinated each year for rabies.
- Register your pet with Fulton County Animal Services.
Show your support for Atlanta’s animals with a gift today.